Installing Evidence Recorder on a Leica Nova MS50 MultiStation can be achieved by following the steps below:
- Download the desired version of the Devices Installation installer from the Evidence Recorder Downloads page.
- Install Windows Mobile Device Center if not already installed on your PC. Download the necessary files from Microsoft if needed. The software is required for the next step to succeed.
- Run the EXE file and when prompted select Leica TS Onboard from the device list:
- The installer will extract a collection of files to a directory on your PC: C:\Program Files (x86)\MicroSurvey\Evidence Recorder 10 Navigate to this folder and locate the setup.ini file in the folder:
- Open the file in Notepad and note the name of the CabFiles= line:
- Copy the CAB file noted in the setup.ini file to a USB Flash Drive or SD Card:
- Power on the MS50, and Exit the Viva Software if it launches.
- Open Start Menu > Programs > Windows Explorer:
- Pick your USB Flash Drive or SD Card from the Explorer:
- Locate the CAB file on the memory device and double-tap on it:
- Confirm the name for the shortcut:
- Wait for the installation to complete:
- Launch Evidence Recorder using the shortcut placed on the desktop.